"Experiments with Bayesian Inference Accelerators (Why AI Algorithms that are NOT Deep Neural Nets Also Want to be Silicon" invited talk for the University of Wisconsin "Virtual Computer Architecture" Seminar series, Oct. 2020.
“Taking Computing+Data Wide Across the Curriculum: the Illinois CS+X Programs”, Dept. of CS, University of Maryland at College Park, invited talk, Oct. 2019.
"The Illinois CS+X Programs", invited talk at TEACH: The Academic Symposium, part of the MIT Stephen A. Schwarzman College of Computing Celebration Launch, February 2019.
“Rob A. Rutenbar, 2017 ESDA/CEDA Phil Kaufman Award”, talk done by my colleague Martin Wong of CUHK for my Kaufman EDA Award, 2018.
“Taking Computing+Data Wide Across the Curriculum: The Illinois CS+X and MCS-DS Degree Programs”, invited talk at EECS Dept, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley CA, February 2017.
- “Hardware Inference Accelerators for Machine Learning”, Invited Edward McCluskey Memorial Keynot, IEEE International Test Conference (ITC), Fort Worth, TX, November 2016.
- “What’s Up With Analog CAD…?” Invited keynote, TxACE Texas Analog Center of Excellence 2016 Annual Symposium, Dallas TX, October 2016.
- “Teaching EDA at Planetary Scale: Reflections on the First EDA MOOCs”, IEEE Council on Electronic Design Automation (CEDA) Distinguished Lecture at ACM/IEEE Int’l Conference on CAD (ICCAD), Santa Clara, CA, November, 2014.
- “Integrated Circuits at the (Energy Constrained) End of Silicon Scaling", invited talk at workshop: ECO2 Computing: Towards Ecologically-Friendly & Economical IT. Organized by Prof Babak Falsafi, EPFL, Lausanne Switzerland, June 2010.
- “Using the Mathematics of Money to Understand the Statistics of Nanoscale Circuits”, invited talk on “New Frontiers” at 2010 Semiconductor Research Corporation TECHCON Conference, Austin TX, October 2010.